Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

AC/Thermostat issues

I'm having some issues with the AC in my condo. I don't feel the blower is cutting on to cool the house. When I toggle the thermostat, I can hear and see the condenser outside cutting on, and I can hear the refrigerant flowing within the inside unit. Cold air can be felt in the unit, but I cannot feel cool air flowing in the room vents.

I recently replaced the thermostat with a digital model. I believe the wires are connected properly. There are 4 wires marked G, Y, R, and W. The new thermostat is a Hunter model 44660 with terminals G, Rh, Rc, Rc1, Y1, Y/O, W/B. I wired the new thermostat as indicated by the manual, G to G, Y to Y/O, W to W/B, R to Rc1, and a jumper connecting Rh to Rc.

Other than the fan, I am fairly confident that the thermostat is functioning, as I can make the condenser come on and off by manipulating the temperature setting. In addition, the heat settings function as well.

I moved into the condo only two weeks ago, so at this point I am unsure if the problem is with the thermostat or with the AC unit itself. The only thing I have not done yet is connect the old thermostat, but it seems unlikely to be the thermostat as everything works but the fan.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

rzgwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

AC/Thermostat issues

simple test would be to take the thermostat of the wall and take a short peice of wire and touch the r and g terminals at the same time if the fan turns on its the thermostat if not its probubly the fan moter

geo fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:08 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

AC/Thermostat issues

Try moving the r wire to either RC or Rh, (and make sure the jumper is tight on both connections) not the rc1 terminal you said.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote