Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

AC pump won't quit runnuning

I have a Carrier Weather Maker 9200. The cold air return is under the unit . There is a pump in the cold air return area that pumps the water collected outside of the house. We live in Southern California so it's not extremely humid. For the last couple of days the pump hasn't quit running, even when the unit is off. About two weeks ago I extended the drain hose quite a way from the house because it was draining right next to the house and we have a possible mold problem so I wanted to get as much moiusture away from the house as possible. Help

jeffnstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
REP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnstacy View Post
I have a Carrier Weather Maker 9200. The cold air return is under the unit . There is a pump in the cold air return area that pumps the water collected outside of the house. We live in Southern California so it's not extremely humid. For the last couple of days the pump hasn't quit running, even when the unit is off. About two weeks ago I extended the drain hose quite a way from the house because it was draining right next to the house and we have a possible mold problem so I wanted to get as much moiusture away from the house as possible. Help
I must say that I believe you pitched the EXTRA tubing away from the house.If its not pitched away from the house then it will be pitched toward the house meaning that the pump will run forever.Also because I believe that you would do things right,that you used hard pipe to extend the drain.
If you used soft tubing its likely that the extra static pressure would overcome the pump and the water wouldn't go anywhere.

REP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #3

float is stuck inside the tank with mildew..muck...yuk
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote