80m2 Basement Office/shop Ventilation - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

80m2 basement office/shop ventilation

hi all!

i am currently working on an interior project - converting a dark-n-dingy light commercial buildings basement into our new office and shop.

i have drawn a scale drawing below of the layout, and the 'rough idea' of the proposed ventilation system but would like some advice on how to nail it.

although i am relatively savvy with all things DIY, ventilation system fine tuning is definitely very new territory for me!

i have a question regarding using 'centrifugal' type fans + ducting in a setup like this.. is it possible to run one centrifugal extractor in the top right corner, pulling air from the bottom two 'air out' points (and blowing it out the top right window). - then pulling air in through the top left window to enter the space at the two top 'air in' points ?

should i just use an inline type hooked into the ducting line for the extractor instead? or is there another better option i havent thought of yet?

something quiet would be best (if possible) - i would like the system to be low rpm's, something to keep the air fresh and the building safe from mold.

possibly a better way to ask for the advice is simply 'what is the best way to get a good air flow in this space?'

am i right in thinking you will need two fans, one for intake and one for outake?

or that you could run one extractor in the top right to pull air from the bottom two outtakes, and for the intake, just mount two intake fans on the ducting at the two top intake points and duct it to the window in the top left?

what kind of sizes will the fans need to be?

i am on quite a tight budget (as the building is rented, but the landlord is not willing to put the fans in - any money i spend is basicly lost in the long run, but atleast we have a good place to work in the short).

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

many thanks

Advertisement

sinsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,702

80m2 basement office/shop ventilation

Use an ERV or HRV.

Advertisement

beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote