Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #1

Share |

2 Stage Compressor

I have a Climate Master Tranquility 27 Geo Thermal system and not very happy with it's efficiency, so trying to understand everything possible about it. My local contractor says everything is fine, but I think I'm just getting normal lip service. In extreme temperatures the Entering Water temperature gets as low as 31 degrees, but of course contractor says everything this is normal. My question is, the unit in Stage 1 draws about 4.8kw and in Stage 2 draws about 6kw. The unit goes into Stage 2 15 mins after Stage 1 and does go into Stage 2 90% of the time. What is the purpose of Stage 1? Why wouldn't I want the unit to go full speed and get to set point sooner instead of running longer times while it is running is stage 1. Just a side note, we have had some extreme temperatures in Illinois the last couple of years and I have had the Aux Electric Breakers (80 amps worth) shut off, and the unit always seems to get to setpoint.

willijv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

2 Stage Compressor

Stage 1 allows for a more even heat distribution through out the house, and provides a better comfort, at a higher efficiency.

beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote