Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-16-2008, 10:40 AM   #1

Share |

2 Issues

My first issue is that air still blows through my vents even after the air/heat kicks off. I checked the thermostat and the fan option is turned off. I noticed that it runs continuously now that the HVAC guy came and installed a humidifier. I turn off the humidifier in the summer but the fan still runs constantly. Is this normal or is there someway I can turn it off to save on my electric bill?

My second problem is that I just finished off a room over my garage (19X16) and I can't get the room cooled off. I thought I insulated the floor enough but the heat from the garage is making the room 10 to 20 degrees warmer than the rest of the house. I ran a 6 inch supply line with a 6 inch return but it's not enough to cool the room. (I'm afraid I'll have the opposite problem this winter). The air flow through that vent seems to be consistant with the other rooms. Do I need to tear everything apart and run a bigger line (add another?) or will that not solve the problem of poor insulation?
fly0802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:34 PM   #2

2 Issues

Check and see if your fan motor leads are set on the continuous terminal. If so, move the lead from the terminal to the cooling speed terminal. If not, verify that your fan is not set to on at the thermostat and that the tsta is not calling for cooling.
One 6 inch vent and return for a room that big seems awfully small. May have to upsize both in an effort to condition the space properly.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote