Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #1

Share |

Wood Chipper Convert to Leaf Vaccuum?

I have a MTD 465 Wood Chipper

The hopper broke off at the bolts and it became too much of a PIA to use. So I upgraded to something else. A flail blade also broke, so when in use the vibration is intense. I'm converting it to a leaf vacuum. The small brush blade has no curve like a typical lawnmower blade. Just a flat piece of steel. I am attempting to maximize suction. Currently, the thing sucks leaves pretty well. If I were to install a small lawn mower blade would it increase suction with it's curvature of blade? Do the flail blades produce suction as well? Any ideas to up the suck on this thing are welcome. Pics to come in the AM.

Total Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Wood Chipper Convert to Leaf Vaccuum?

Seems to me you are creating a rather threatening situation as far as hands and feet are concerned. Sure you wouldn't be better off selling the engine on Craig's List and putting the money to a real, safe, leaf vac?

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote