Will A Dry Well Impact A Tree To Be Planted - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 266

Will a dry well impact a tree to be planted

I'm considering putting in a dry well within 10 or so feet of where I want to plant a new elm tree. Will the dry well impact the tree's development? since it'll be a plastic container filled with rock, will this impede root development? or will the tree's roots make the best of it? I just want to make sure I'm not setting the tree up for failure.

thanks for any help.

Advertisement

MLMIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #2
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,242

The tree will work it out.

Advertisement

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,300

Ayuh,... The tree will Love it, the drywell, not so much... It'll eventually become root bound...
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLMIB View Post
I'm considering putting in a dry well within 10 or so feet of where I want to plant a new elm tree. Will the dry well impact the tree's development? since it'll be a plastic container filled with rock, will this impede root development? or will the tree's roots make the best of it? I just want to make sure I'm not setting the tree up for failure.

thanks for any help.

I think you'll hurt the tree's feelings. It will have resentment as it gets older. Eventually, it will turn to drugs as a way to escape the unresolved pain. Later, the tree will start stealing stuff out of your home, to fund its drug habit. The theft will begin with tools from your garage, however, as your own age increases, you'll chalk it up to alzheimer's and convince yourself that you must've loaned out those missing tools. As the tree's habit gets stronger, larger things will turn up missing from your house. You'll return from an out-of-town trip, to find all signs of copper in your house missing. Again, you'll question your own memory, convincing yourself this time that it's just dementia. Eventually, you'll pass on and meet with your creator, who will turn you away from the pearly gates. Then what will you be left with?
Seattle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Seattle2k For This Useful Post:
Startingover (04-30-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,242

[QUOTE=Seattle2k;1169433]I think you'll hurt the tree's feelings. It will have resentment as it gets older. Eventually, it will turn to drugs as a way to escape the unresolved pain. Later, the tree will start stealing stuff out of your home, to fund its drug habit. The theft will begin with tools from your garage, however, as your own age increases, you'll chalk it up to alzheimer's and convince yourself that you must've loaned out those missing tools. As the tree's habit gets stronger, larger things will turn up missing from your house. You'll return from an out-of-town trip, to find all signs of copper in your house missing. Again, you'll question your own memory, convincing yourself this time that it's just dementia. Eventually, you'll pass on and meet with your creator, who will turn you away from the pearly gates. Then what will you be left with?[/QUOTE]

The tree will still be there
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote