Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

What is wrong with my tree?

I have a tree that has curled and drooping leaves with some brown spotting. Anyone know what is wrong and what I need to do, or a good forum to ask in. The tree lost its leaves in the fall, we had a horrible winter, then took forver to grow the leaves back, and when it did, its been this way since. I've attached some photos.
Attached Images

wvphysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:38 AM   #2
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,096

That and water.

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
DIY'er

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbfish View Post
maybe you can apply fertilizer to it
Fertilizer for a tree that is already in decline is almost always a bad idea.

Fertilizer for healthy trees that are already growing well can be a great thing.

The majority of trees don't need much in the way of fertilizer. I bet more people kill their trees with it than save a tree with it.

Use a water soluble product, miracle grow type if you must try a fertilizer, it is much harder to kill things with miracle grow than with a dry fertilizer.

What kind of tree is it, is it some kind of Poplar?

It might be planted to deep, not getting enough water, got hit with chemicals from lawn care.

Was it bare root when you planted it or from a container? If it was from a container, did you break up the roots before planting it?

Jamie

p.s. good job on putting down mulch instead of trying to grow grass up to the tree.
jamiedolan is offline   Reply With Quote