DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Landscaping & Lawn Care (http://www.diychatroom.com/f16/)
-   -   What kind of weed is this? (http://www.diychatroom.com/f16/what-kind-weed-152177/)

aquaholic 07-31-2012 09:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Anyone recognize this weed? Initially I thought it was my lawn (fescue) spreading but no. It is unaffected by roundup!

http://maps.google.com/maps/api/stat...00&sensor=true

chrisn 08-01-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquaholic (Post 978703)
Anyone recognize this weed? Initially I thought it was my lawn (fescue) spreading but no. It is unaffected by roundup!

http://maps.google.com/maps/api/stat...00&sensor=true



It certainly SHOULD be affected:yes:

aquaholic 08-01-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisn

It certainly SHOULD be affected:yes:

That's the issue, this seems very resilient, more so than bermudagrass!

Pianolady 08-01-2012 08:09 PM

Looks like yellow nutsedge.

aquaholic 08-02-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianolady (Post 979304)
Looks like yellow nutsedge.

Thank you, it certainly looks like that's it. And also makes sense that the typical herbicides don't work. I've been looking on Amazon and I think I am going to give this a shot http://www.amazon.com/Ortho-Max-Nuts...=pd_sim_misc_3

Thanks again!

chrisn 08-02-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquaholic (Post 979702)
Thank you, it certainly looks like that's it. And also makes sense that the typical herbicides don't work. I've been looking on Amazon and I think I am going to give this a shot http://www.amazon.com/Ortho-Max-Nuts...=pd_sim_misc_3

Thanks again!

That will work:thumbsup:

iamhomer 08-03-2012 09:21 AM

Those are "yellow nutsedge" also know as "nut grass" i used sedgehammer and work like a charm.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

good luck

aquaholic 08-03-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamhomer
Those are "yellow nutsedge" also know as "nut grass" i used sedgehammer and work like a charm.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

good luck

Thanks, will that work when the nutsedge is in my lawn(fescue)?

iamhomer 08-03-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquaholic (Post 980460)
Thanks, will that work when the nutsedge is in my lawn(fescue)?

Should be working all type grass but i am not 100% sure, you may want to ask them. I use on my ryegrass perennial and work great.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.