Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #1

Share |

what is this?

i have no idea what this is . This is located on the corner of my property about 50 feet from my irrigation mound.It appears to have a PVC pipe that goes into thats larger steel pipe with a vaccume cleaner hose attached tot he PVC. is this some sort of overflow for the mound? i dont know if there is a way to hook up a pump to it to pump water out of it or if something is supposed to be hooked up as an inlet to pump water into it? PLEASE HELP!!!! if it is un-usable i would like to remove it as it looks tacky but i dont want to mess something up.the area where it is located is the lowest part of my lawn and sometimes ponds water.
Attached Images

Last edited by rollinastang; 06-12-2011 at 09:40 AM.
rollinastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
Don't know it all, yet!

what is this?

Looks like some kind of homemade rig to maybe a drywell since that is the lowest part of the yard. It could have been hooked up to a pump to pull water out of that low part of the yard. But at best this is a SWAG!

Old 06-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #3

what is this?

I had my septic tank serviced this morning and the tech took a look at it and agreed that it was probably used to pump water out of that corner out of the yard...he wasnt sure as to where it went but thinks that there is probably a catch basin underground with rocks and liners to help drainage. he said there really was no way for them to leech it into my irrigation mound as and afterthought. Downunder i am not familiar with the term "SWAG" could you explain?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #4

what is this?

Some Wild A$$ Guess
cgoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #5

what is this?

ahhh makes sense...thanks thought it was some technical term...lol
Old 06-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #6

what is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinastang View Post
thought it was some technical term...
Actually, it is a technical term, and like much of our language, has numerous applications.

As an example, when estimating a really unique project, it is often applied to time and/or cost calculations. Other times, laymen are prone to use it as part of the the engineering or installation process, often proceeded by "here, hold my beer", and followed by "oh ****" or "call 9-1-1".

DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote