Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
wood hobbyist

Share |

Weed control again.

Can someone here tell me what the correct name of this weed is? Its really evasive throught out my yard. When you break it or attempt to pull it out its got a milky stem and sticky. I live in the Midsouth hot and humid, bermuda grass yard with this coming in throught out the yard. So also what can I spray to get ride of it and not kill the bermuda grass? Yes I know round-up or the same kills it! Just would like to treat the whole yard and not kill the grass. Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Weed control again.-img_0741.jpg   Weed control again.-img_0740.jpg  

weberus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Weed control again.

Try Weed-B-Gone or similar product with 2-4-D. It will not hurt the Bermuda. You can get it in liquid form to spray selectively from a tank sprayer (will be handy to have and a 1-2 gallon plastic one will be $20? Mark it and use it only for herbicides) or you can get it as a hose end sprayer product.

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #3

Weed control again.

I have the same stuff in my yard. It is like purslane but isn't exactly the same plant. Don't know what it is called, but it makes big gaps in the lawn.
Thunder Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
A Little Of Everything

Weed control again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weberus3 View Post
Can someone here tell me what the correct name of this weed is? Its really evasive throught out my yard. When you break it or attempt to pull it out its got a milky stem and sticky. I live in the Midsouth hot and humid, bermuda grass yard with this coming in throught out the yard. So also what can I spray to get ride of it and not kill the bermuda grass? Yes I know round-up or the same kills it! Just would like to treat the whole yard and not kill the grass. Thanks for the help.
That's purslane.

Any product with Glyphosate - which is the active ingredient in RoundUp - will kill everything.

What you want is a product with 2,4d. 2,4d is a broad-leaf weed killer that has been around since before WW2. It does NOT kill grass. Just be very careful spraying it, because the "drift" can clip your tomatoes & flowers.
DrHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DrHicks For This Useful Post:
weberus3 (07-08-2012)