Vinyl Fencing - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 170
Question

Vinyl Fencing

Anyone ever install USAVinyl.com fencing? Need to do a bunch of fence around my yard and am considering buying from them.

The difference with them I can tell so far? They have a superior product in terms of thickness and durability/fading compared to what you'd get at Home Depot.

An odd thing is that they send the fence in pieces so you have to piece it together as you go. They don't recommend piecing together sections beforehand, but instead recommend installing the inner picket pieces into the top and bottom rail as you go. Seems a bit harder this way since you will have a freshly poured concrete post that has a chance of shifting while you are working on putting together the next section.

Anyone ever use them or install their fence? Feedback?

Advertisement

HandyFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10
Red face

Vinyl Fencing

Hi Frank, I do believe that USA vinyl and All Seasons Vinyl have superior vinyl then Home Depot and Lowes. I just installed fencing for all seasons vinyl and everything worked out. They also have you install the sections on site.

Advertisement

volvomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #3

Vinyl Fencing

those are good
philsoldat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #4

Vinyl Fencing

Hi there:

I know this is an older post so I'm *hoping* you are still around on the forum; I'm wondering if you installed your fence and how it's holding up? We did a LOT of shopping around for a fence product (ie Home Depot vs other store/vinyl vs aluminum) and settled on a really pretty vinyl fence style (not usa fence though, we're going through http://www.globalfenceandgate.com/vinyl-fence.php )that is really nice & a better price than other places... We're self-installing our fence and we live in North Carolina, so we don't have terrible weather (ie extreme cold or wind). They seem to have a decent warranty; how is your fence holding up?

Thanks!!
homemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #5

Vinyl Fencing

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemomma View Post
Hi there:

I know this is an older post so I'm *hoping* you are still around on the forum; I'm wondering if you installed your fence and how it's holding up? We did a LOT of shopping around for a fence product (ie Home Depot vs other store/vinyl vs aluminum) and settled on a really pretty vinyl fence style (not usa fence though, we're going through http://www.globalfenceandgate.com/vinyl-fence.php )that is really nice & a better price than other places... We're self-installing our fence and we live in North Carolina, so we don't have terrible weather (ie extreme cold or wind). They seem to have a decent warranty; how is your fence holding up?

Thanks!!
Hi,
With so many other house projects going on I decided the fence was lower on the priority list, so I've pushed it till next year. In my research I was considering purchasing from either of these companies:
http://www.usavinyl.com/
http://www.vinylfenceanddeck.com/

Seems like there are lower end fences in the $50 per panel range (Home Depot and other Big Box Stores), mid grade which contractors like to use in the $80-$100 per panel range, or higher end like the places I mentioned above in the $100-$130 range per panel. These are prices I've found that do not include the posts.

I will definitely be going with a higher end product hoping it will last longer
Old 12-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #6

Vinyl Fencing

I have a LIST of home improvement projects that I need to get to, unfortunately all of mine are definitely at the bottom of the list.
homemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #7

Vinyl Fencing

If you're looking to install the fence in this upcoming year, I'd say take a look at Bufftech Vinyl fence. The options and variety are countless. Which may or may not be a good thing :P

The site that has 'em for the best prices, from my personal browsing, is here:
http://discountfence.com/vinyl_fence...ence_index.htm

oooor

here:
http://www.fence-it.com/vinyl_fence/index.htm

But there are a few others.. I've installed Bufftech at my house, I use the two-rail, but I live in an area where we have a bit of room, not too much, 16 acres, but its definitely a sizable chunk to fence... However, we managed to get it all up really easily about.. 9 years ago now. And we've only had to replace 2 sections due to a tree falling on it :/

Anyways, I called them a few days ago for my sister's home actually, which is ironically how I stumbled across this post Figured if you were still looking, I'd give you another option. Their traditional looking stuff looks pretty nice for residential areas i'd wager. That's probably what I'm going to get for my sister anyways.

I do a lot of fencing, as where I live everyone is putting it up and fixing it all year long, so if you have any questions about it, send me a pm and I can try and help you out if I can.

Good luck on your home improvement!!
iLoveFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #8

Vinyl Fencing

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveFence View Post
If you're looking to install the fence in this upcoming year, I'd say take a look at Bufftech Vinyl fence. The options and variety are countless. Which may or may not be a good thing :P

The site that has 'em for the best prices, from my personal browsing, is here:
http://discountfence.com/vinyl_fence...ence_index.htm

oooor

here:
http://www.fence-it.com/vinyl_fence/index.htm

But there are a few others.. I've installed Bufftech at my house, I use the two-rail, but I live in an area where we have a bit of room, not too much, 16 acres, but its definitely a sizable chunk to fence... However, we managed to get it all up really easily about.. 9 years ago now. And we've only had to replace 2 sections due to a tree falling on it :/

Anyways, I called them a few days ago for my sister's home actually, which is ironically how I stumbled across this post Figured if you were still looking, I'd give you another option. Their traditional looking stuff looks pretty nice for residential areas i'd wager. That's probably what I'm going to get for my sister anyways.

I do a lot of fencing, as where I live everyone is putting it up and fixing it all year long, so if you have any questions about it, send me a pm and I can try and help you out if I can.

Good luck on your home improvement!!
Thanks for the suggestion, when the time comes I'll also check this company out. BUT I must say, its easy to tell that you are just here to talk fence to beef up your online business with links. Of your 3 posts 2 talk fence and link to the same site. You did add value though so i'll give you a thumbs up for that.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #9

Vinyl Fencing

I suppose I could be a little more subtle, eh? There were three threads for vinyl fence on the same page. I could not help myself :P

I will apologize for my solicitation, but my references and personal experience related in my responses are not solicitation. I will indeed try and be as helpful as I possibly can. And will still take questions should they arrive again regardless of product or company

I do enjoy talking about home improvement of any nature though. I have done a fair share of city construction and ranch work which I will gladly share anything I can that may be of benefit to others.
iLoveFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #10

Vinyl Fencing

Can never have too many options when shopping fences, thanks for sharing info

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to HandyFrank For This Useful Post:
iLoveFence (12-22-2011)