Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #1

Share |

Vinyl Fence Installation

I am getting ready to install a fence between me and the idiot next door. I live in Central IL. Our house is at the end of town and has a corn or bean field across the street. There is also a wind farm a mile away. I would like to put up one of those vinyl fences they sell at Menards but am concerned about the wind factor. I have also been told that if a person would hit it with the weed wacker, lawn mower, or a thrown rock it will damage the fence and post. Has anyone else had any experience with this type of fence. Would you recommend a wood shadow box fence?

Sparky146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #2

Vinyl Fence Installation

Just use total vegetation killer at the base of the fence.
Depends on how it's built and how cheap the fence is made if wind will be a factor.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:17 PM   #3

Vinyl Fence Installation

I intend to use a 10' 4x4 post with 4' in the ground surrounded by 120# of Sakrete. The guy next door has basically a junk yard and is contantly throwing rocks, etc with his mower, what do you know about rocks putting a hole in the fence. I don't want to put up a 120' fence and then have holes in it. The fence is called Belmonte and is sold at Menards
Sparky146 is offline   Reply With Quote