Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #1

Share |

Unsightly Front yard sewer

Hello, We just bought a new house and are trying to figure out the best way to pretty up the front of the house with the eye soar of a sewer sitting there.
I was thinking one of two options either build a small wall with decorative brick around the entire perimeter of the yard and raise the yard with dirt even with the sewer.
Or
extend the decorative wall seen the the picture behind the sewer to come out and around it more then again build the height of the yard up even with that sewer.
How do those ideas sound or does anyone have another idea?
Attached Images

zuku26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
DIY staff

I agree with your second idea.----Extend the garden retaining blocks to include the sewer. Good.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #3

Why don't you build a nice wishing well and set it right over the sewer? Would hide it real well and still leave it accessable.
Mike Hawkins
firehawkmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #4

Wishing wells really dont do much for curb appeal in inner city Chicago.
I guess if I extend the retaining blocks, I'm fearful they will end up incompassing tp much of the front yard. I'll have to actually plant plants there instead of leaving it grass.
zuku26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #5

It might be easier to loose all the grass, plant some interesting bushes and other flora, and then mulch it. You could hide the sewer with some plants in front of it. No mowing, relatively low maintenance, and you'd have the most unique property on the block. Look on line for images of landscaping for ideas.
bob22 is offline   Reply With Quote