Underwater Walkway - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Underwater Walkway

Is there an alternative to breaking up a walkway after it has sunk? We currently have a walkway that is typically at least 2 inches underwater at all times in the the late winter and spring. I know that the grading in our backyard is poor and that's part of the issue, though i'm pretty sure the concrete has sunk enough that the regrading may not fix the issue 100%. It's about 26 feet of a curved walkway. Would the best option be to just rip it up and start over?

Advertisement

k.kuenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Underwater Walkway

Hard to say without a few pictures.

I've done several over the years and I typically tear it out, regrade for drainage and then put in a new walkway.

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Underwater Walkway

If your walkway is sinking, I would recommend you rip it up. Sounds like the base or earth under it is not compacted correctly.
beranbr is offline   Reply With Quote