DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Tree stump

10K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mdlbldrmatt135 
#1 ·
What can be used to "kill" a tree stump? I cut down an Ash tree in the front yard and it's going to be dificult to remove or grind the stump.
Is there a Chemical that couls be Injectied (or poured in drilled hols) to kill it.

The stump keeps sprouting new growth and i'm having to use a shovel ot remove it 1-2 times a week.

#2 ·
Yes there is a product, that I think is call Stump Remover that should be available at most garden centers. All you do is drill holes in the stump pour in the chemical, the fill each hole with water. The about 1 month or more you should be able to start removing the stump.

The other option is to burn it out with either the Stump Removal product by filling the holes with kerosene (instead of water). Let it sit for a few weeks then pour kerosene on the stump and light.

The other option is to use charcoal to burn out. By digging a small ditch around the stump. Then put charcoal on the stump and around the ditch and light.

I guess you could also rent a stump grinder from a rental place for about 50-75 bucks and grind it out.

HTH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.