Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

tree care after removing bark

I planted 3 maple trees this last spring. I hit one of them with a weed eater and cut a ring all the way around it. (the tree is about 6 ' tall and 2" in diameter). What should I do to give the tree a fighting chance this fall/winter. I also noticed that it's got a few smaller mables growing under it now. I'm planning on putting multch around the base of all of them.
Thanks
Adam

utahjd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,094

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahjd1 View Post
I planted 3 maple trees this last spring. I hit one of them with a weed eater and cut a ring all the way around it. (the tree is about 6 ' tall and 2" in diameter). What should I do to give the tree a fighting chance this fall/winter. I also noticed that it's got a few smaller mables growing under it now. I'm planning on putting multch around the base of all of them.
Thanks
Adam

Thats a surefire way to kill a tree,you should have put some kind of protection around all of the ones where you use a weed wacker,and cut those suckers that are growing under the trees off.

Canarywood1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,172

If in fact you cut ALL the way aroung it, it is toast. If not, just let it alone and it MIGHT recover, maybe.
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote