Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #1

Share |

TORO Lawn Mower

I have a four year old, TORO Variable Speed, Walk behind, Steel deck lawn mower and today the transmission area started to doing a knock, knock sound and she was not pulling. I rotated her up on the rear wheels and engaged front drive and the wheels spin fine, but when I put the front wheels on the ground and engage the drive she just does not want to pull. I suspect the belt, however this mower has had the transmission and belt assemb;y replaced (under warranty ) 18 months ago so I am suspiciopus of her. I can do a belt check, anything else I should look for?

vabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #2

TORO Lawn Mower

I lied, mower is only 3 years old and the replaced transmission one year old. Removed cover from transmission belt drive and the pulley is wobbling like crazy, so I guess that is one issue, With rear wheels off ground and front dricve engaged, left wheel rotates, stops and then starts rotating agin, ri9ght wheel is fine. Also the pulley above the transmission when fully engaged, hits the end of the fiberglass cover (factory technician adjusted after last transmission change). Just can't win this lawn mower war.

vabear is offline   Reply With Quote