Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #1

Share |

Toro 824 wont start

hey....

i need help with my toro 824...it hasnt been running for a long time like a couple of years...i tried to start it up n it didnt work...i tried to look at what was wrong and i found that the gas line was full of crap...so i cleaned it...the gas is running....

i dont now much about snowblowers...
it would be cool to get help before the snow comes....

give me some options of what to look at n stuff...
thank you

francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Toro 824 wont start

Quote:
...i tried to look at what was wrong and i found that the gas line was full of crap...
Ayuh,... There's probably More of the Crap in the carb that'll need to be cleaned out....
And, check the sparkplug to see if it's firing...

Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #3

Toro 824 wont start

Quote:
Originally Posted by francois View Post
hey....

i need help with my toro 824...it hasnt been running for a long time like a couple of years...i tried to start it up n it didnt work...i tried to look at what was wrong and i found that the gas line was full of crap...so i cleaned it...the gas is running....

i dont now much about snowblowers...
it would be cool to get help before the snow comes....

give me some options of what to look at n stuff...
thank you
Remove carb. and clean it very good . Take the float off and the needle and clean the seat where the needle goes . Also i belive a good soaking and take a air hose and blow it dry install needle back in the seat and float back. make sure that the bowel if it has a gasket or rubber gasket that it get put back right. Be sure and maybe drain the gas tank and put fresh gas in the tank . If it is a 2 cycle mix the oit and gas. Get some gas treatment that will keep the gas from gelling again. I know about engine's but i live in florida so don't own a snow blower's ?? this should get the engine running
del schisler is online now   Reply With Quote