Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-03-2011, 04:30 AM   #1

Share |

Tomato

My tomato plants is not growing got 4 topsy turves but they are not growing now at all after 4 weeks the have only started to curl up to the sun they still look alive but no growth any solutions

Tamguildshamroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:49 AM   #2

Tomato

I have quite a few tomatoe plants and have had good sucess in the past years. This year NO. Tomatoes like lots of sun and water. In my area we have had no rain and decent sun, but the little devils just wont do it. They say, cool bottoms (keeping the roots shaded but wet) and hot heads (lots of sun). I have done that this year and I hardly have gotten enought for one salad. It is getting pretty late in the season to revive them IMHO, but try to make sure that they have lots of sun and water every day (water is just not the same as rain), that may help.

www.picturetrail.com/mickey51
m1951mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #3

Tomato

lots of water and miracle grow plant food, make sure you have plenty of good dirt in those topsy things, I have not used them before. Absolute best way to get them to jump. Miracle grow right before a rain.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #4

Tomato

I saw your post and felt I could add a little experience/info. Here in SC we have had too much sun for a regular tomatoe season to be successful. Fortunately I have moved to growing all tomatoes in large pots and I was able to move them to an area that receives only about 3 hours of direct sun daily. The fruit had already set on most plants and the indeterminate varieties continued to thrive. Of course blossoming won't occur unless the night temps get below about 72 degrees. I tried the topsy turvy last year and was not impressed at all. Very few tomatoes and the bag is useless after one season if exposed to the sun enough. Our problem here is with the "wilts" which have become increasingly menacing throughout the east coast. Hence my move to fresh soil and using pots. Good luck next year and start your own seed always. I've found that some store boughts can have the wilt also. Thing is, it usually doesn't start to affect the plants until there are loads of tomatoes set and ripening.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #5
Tileguy

Tomato

I know of several people that have tried that growing concept with no success. I made my own and it produced three tomatoes the entire season a few years ago. The Topsy Turvy plastic (oddly enough) doesn't like the sun and becomes brittle and breakable after one season in the sun. Go figure!

I'd say if it is "As Seen On TV" then it is a scam making millions of dollars for the seller and nothing more.