Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

tiny mushroom on my grass

There is a fungus growing on my grass blades that actually looks like a very tiny mushroom. The stalk comes off of the blade, is an inch or so long and has a little, flat white head. It shows up in small patches and where ever it is showing up, the grass is declining. I have looked all over and can't find out what it is and how to stop it from spreading. Anybody have a clue?

stupidgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

I'm going to attach a link which like most is a promo for product(s) eventually. I found the basic article very nuts and bolts about fungi and grass and is worth thr few minutes of reading. Like the article title of this - there are just do many factors that control the growth of fungi and knowing exactly what you have is critical to treating it. If you can post a photo of these little mushrooms it will be more easily addressed by someone more knowledgable such as "downunder" (a diy member that knows what hes talking about when it comes to turf wars). As with any question posted, the more information provided, the better the chances of getting a solution. Here is the link for informational purposes only
http://www.bugspray.com/article/fungus.html

jackofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
Don't know it all, yet!

Rewards Points: 500

jackofmany,
I'm sending you a bill for a new hat.

SG-
This isn't ringing a bell just right off hand. Just a little more information please.
A. Where are you?
B. What grass do you have?
C. How much irrigation have you had, either by rainfall or an irrigation system?

Quote:
The stalk comes off of the blade, is an inch or so long and has a little, flat white head. It shows up in small patches
Do you mean the stalk of the mushroom comes off of the grass blade or does the mushroom come apart?
A picture or two would be great if you could.