The mixture coagulated and formed what looked like you might see gumming up the outlet of a soap pump dispenser. Is there something I can do to prevent this like maybe dilute with water? It's jamming my sprayer and causing numerous 4 letter words!
Well, sorry for your problems!
Instructions for the surfactant give no where close to a 3:1 ratio. Why did you do that?:
Use this material with most herbicides in order to insure more uniform coverage by reducing the surface
tensions of spray droplets. For most herbicides, such as: 2,4-D Amine, TrimecR , Brush Killer, RewardR (DiquatR), AsuloxR, ImageR, and others.
For most Herbicides use: 1 teaspoonful per gallon (1 -2 pints per 100 gallons of spray).
For Round-up, use: 1 Tablespoonful per gallon(2 quarts per 100 gallons of spray).
For MSMA herbicides, use: 1 Tablespoonful per gallon (1-2 quarts per 100 gallons of spray)
I am using a hose-end sprayer ( this guy ) so I had to do several conversions to come up with numbers that matched between the herbicide, surfactant, and sprayer.
I first test-sprayed with just water to see how many oz I spray per 1000sq ft on the 2tbsp/gal setting. Then I determined that I needed to set to 1tbsp/gal for the suggested herbicide coverage, and somewhere in there I figured the surfactant measure based on tbsp/gal setting... I think. It was a very confusing hour of my life.
I'll re-run the numbers but what I'm hearing is that I used way too much surfactant.