Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #1

Share |

Suggest a decent landscape software

I have been looking for a free copy of software that will help me design my back and front yard. I am trying to be cheap but if there aren't any free ones out there worth having can someone recommend one under $80?

Thanks,
Shawn

Shawn120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Suggest a decent landscape software

I haven't looked in awhile but definitely look online with tags like "free landscape software". I use Sweet Home 3D and like it. It is primarily a floorplan program but no reason you cannot use it for landscape plot plans. It comes with plant symbol sets you can download. It is free and open source with versions for Windows, Mac and Unix.

One thing I found troublesome with some of the cheaper landscape programs I tried is they limited the maximum plot size to fairly small yards. They did not provide for changing the scale either so were not especially useful but on small projects. I would definitely download a trial version of whatever you decide to try rather than buying a package you cannot return once you break the seal.

Last edited by user1007; 04-25-2012 at 08:12 PM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
landscaping, landscaping design, software