DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Suggest a decent landscape software

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  user1007 
#1 ·
I have been looking for a free copy of software that will help me design my back and front yard. I am trying to be cheap but if there aren't any free ones out there worth having can someone recommend one under $80?

Thanks,
Shawn

#2 · (Edited)
I haven't looked in awhile but definitely look online with tags like "free landscape software". I use Sweet Home 3D and like it. It is primarily a floorplan program but no reason you cannot use it for landscape plot plans. It comes with plant symbol sets you can download. It is free and open source with versions for Windows, Mac and Unix.

One thing I found troublesome with some of the cheaper landscape programs I tried is they limited the maximum plot size to fairly small yards. They did not provide for changing the scale either so were not especially useful but on small projects. I would definitely download a trial version of whatever you decide to try rather than buying a package you cannot return once you break the seal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.