Stone Edging On Flower Beds - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Stone Edging on Flower Beds

I'm planning on making borders on my flower beds/foundation plants using Belgium Blocks. Basically just one block high outlining all the beds.

I plan on using an edger to make a nice straight line and so I can butt the blocks right up against the grass. I'll take out an inch or two of sod under each block so they sit down just a bit.

- Do I need to put any sand/crushed stone etc under the blocks if they are simply used for edging??

- Do I need to secure them together at all with any sort of cement or can I simply lay them down as I go and that's it?

Thanks!!

Advertisement

dschribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
I'm planning on making borders on my flower beds/foundation plants using Belgium Blocks. Basically just one block high outlining all the beds.

I plan on using an edger to make a nice straight line and so I can butt the blocks right up against the grass. I'll take out an inch or two of sod under each block so they sit down just a bit.

- Do I need to put any sand/crushed stone etc under the blocks if they are simply used for edging??
Nope,...
- Do I need to secure them together at all with any sort of cement
Nope,....
Thanks!!
Nope,....

Advertisement

Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Exactly what I was hoping to hear!
Thanks