Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #1

Share |

sprinkler valve

Greetings All,
I would like to be able to turn on/off my yard sprinkler from inside my house. The sprinkler is just a plain old kind that hooks up to a garden hose. I have a valve that is operated by 12VDC, and I also have a 12VDC power supply that is just taking up space. I hooked them up together and it worked, but the valve would either stay on or off. The only way to cycle the valve on and off is to reverse the leads, not something that I can do remotely. Long story wrapping up here..... Is there a valve with garden hose threads that I can switch on and off with my power supply? I believe the name on my valve is Orbit and it is sold to link up to their yard watering system. Many thanks, CH

chubbyhubby is offline   Reply With Quote