Spiders In The Backyard - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Spiders in the backyard

My family just moved into our house and the back yard is full of weess and needs some landscaping. We do not have the budget to do it yet so we're holding off. When I go back there I see so many spiders just running around that it worries me. Is there anyway that they can make there way inside the house and infest our living space? Is there a chemical I can spray around the house that would prevent them from coming in? Any recommendations would be obliged!

Advertisement

dankreboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
Don't know it all, yet!

Rewards Points: 500

Spiders in the backyard

Sure, you can treat a band around your house about two or three feet wide.
Would you prefer to use a liquid and pump up sprayer or powder/granule? HD has a small bottle (about one ounce) that is about $5, makes two gallons I think which should be plenty to spray a band with. Get a few inches up the foundation and a couple of feet out.
Or, an ant killer granule will work just the same if you prefer to use that. You obviously cannot spray up the sides of the foundation but with a handheld broadcast applicator you can cover six or eight feet around the house. Look for a product that contains fipronil or one of the "....thrins" Permethrin and bifenthrin are two of the more common.

But, as long as you have the weeds, you will have the bugs.

Advertisement