Soaker Hoses - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-22-2011, 06:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Soaker hoses

I need to put soaker hoses and was told it was best to bury them 6" out and 2" down. Do I need to worry about the squirting areas? I tried filling then but when I do it seems more pop up. Is there a certain hose I should buy or should I just go ahead and bury it? I live in San Antonio. Fyi

Advertisement

PhiL1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

Soaker hoses

Welcome!

Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to accomplish.

I have drip/soaker hose running along a fence row to water the bushes there. Just laid it across the ground behind the bushes.

I also have a couple areas with drip system providing for specific plants - plastic lines, emitters, etc. This system is just laid on the ground - with pine straw as ground cover and coving the system as well.

If you are wanting to put in a lawn sprinkler system suggest a visit to a couple of the equipment vendor sites, they have a wealth of info there regarding design and installation.

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Soaker hoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz
Welcome!

Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to accomplish.

I have drip/soaker hose running along a fence row to water the bushes there. Just laid it across the ground behind the bushes.

I also have a couple areas with drip system providing for specific plants - plastic lines, emitters, etc. This system is just laid on the ground - with pine straw as ground cover and coving the system as well.

If you are wanting to put in a lawn sprinkler system suggest a visit to a couple of the equipment vendor sites, they have a wealth of info there regarding design and installation.
This is for foundation stabilization. Should have specified that. The soil is expanding away from the house cause we are in a drought.
PhiL1227 is offline   Reply With Quote