DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

small irrigation using spigot?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  lendosky 
#1 ·
I have a very small (20x20) grass section in our backyard that I want to put on a timer to irrigate.

A professional irrigation system is completely overkill for this so I thought id see about a DIY kit first.

Does anyone have experience with these kits or brands? I saw alot of information about RainBird, but I didnt know if there were other companies out there or anyone has a preference. It seems like all of the spigot connections for Rainbird are plastic and id prefer something a little more durable.

#2 ·
Long term I think you will be happier hooking up a couple of anti-syphon valves to the water supply for the spigot and keeping the spigot clear for hooking up a hose and so forth. You can run the lawn sprinklers off one valve and run a nice drip system for flower beds and landscape plants off the other one. A simple 3 station timer shouldn't set you back more than $20-30 and you will pay that much for a spigot battery thing.

#3 ·
I would go to a Ewing irrigation store that professionals use. I don't like Home Depot brands (but I like their prices) so I go to the landscape supply stores. At those places you will generally find higher quality materials to do this job. I would install a permanent system but you do it the way you like. At ewing etc you will be able to choose from many different manufacturers of materials.

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.