Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Small 11x15 lawn, need ideas

Redoing an 11x15.5 lawn, need some ideas. It's got a Persimmon tree in it now.

Thinking about bordering this with something. Lavendar? Red currant? It's a small yard, and there's a lot of weird considerations.

Too much stuff up front (I.e. big, bushy shrubs) would imbalance it and make it feel lopsided; but the area against the house would make a reasonable seasonal garden (i.e. to grow pumpkins etc.). On the other hand, it would be nice to have something out there, up front. And at the end of it all, simply too much stuff crowds the yard--no lawn; if I grow currant against the house and put some small blueberry shrubs up front, is there really a yard to speak of?

Thoughts in general? Ideas for small, bearing shrubs?

Old 08-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
"You can do anything"-Mom

Rewards Points: 500

What does it look like from the street?

brockmiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockmiera View Post
What does it look like from the street?
A broken down slum?

First habitable one from the right. The last one is listed as condemned as of 2002; the one I'm in is listed as condemned as of 1998, so I need to get that revised after I get all the no-permit work out of sight; wouldn't want the city to fine me for replacing the kitchen sink. It's been totally refabricated and sold as a legally habitable dwelling.

Last edited by bluefoxicy; 08-16-2013 at 12:41 PM.
bluefoxicy is offline   Reply With Quote