Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #1

Share |

Shed

Not sure if this is in the correct thread or not.

I received an old shed that I am converting to a chicken coop. It's an 8' x 8' x 7.5' gambrel roof style shed. I am not installing the floor since I want it to be a deep litter dirt floor.

I am laying pressure treated 4x4's on the ground, then attaching the bottom plate (also pressure treated) to that. Basically, I will end up with a shell (walls and roof) with a dirt floor. The area I plan on putting it is level. No grading required. My question is ---- Can I lay the 4x4's directly on the ground (no gravel, slab, etc)? Or should I dig out a small footer or....other suggestions?

cougar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #2

Shed

If you want it to last longer lay own some #57 stone first for drainage under the 4 X 4's.