Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Sand in the rocks of my desert landscaping...

About six months ago I had some desert landscaping put in my front yard. The lots across the street are empty. I put up a silt (?) fence to try and keep the sand out of my rocks. With a few wild winds, I've gotten sand in my landscaping inspite of the fencing. Does anyone have a tip on how to get the sand out? I've tried putting a screen over the area and using a shop vac. to suck out the sand. No good. I've tried blowing the sand out with a blower, but the rocks are being blown out as well. There must be an easy way I'm just not aware of. Any help with my problem is greatly appreciated!

Silt fence (?)... That short, black, tight-netted fence with the wooden stakes

Not Sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #2

Just a suggestion on getting the sand out (I imagine you've prolly already thought of this, but just in case) would be to just water it like crazy. The sand should settle out below the rocks into the soil.

BTW, is your username a reference to the character 'not sure' or just meant to be taken verbatim?

joeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:22 AM   #3

I'm "not sure" because I'm learning... always rechecking... always asking questions. I want to "be sure" before I make all the mistakes I would make if I didn't ask. This site has been soooooo helpful!

I'm curious... the character "not sure." Who's that?
Not Sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #4

Mike Judge's newest(er) movie Idiocracy (Mike's the guy who did beavis & butthead, office space, etc). Luke Wilson's character gets named 'not sure' during the movie, but that's a hilarious movie that wasn't very popular, so it's rare to find people who've seen it. Came out late last year I believe.
joeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote