Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Round paver patio w/ kneewall

Hey Ya'll,

I bought a Bogert paver circle kit.
It will make a 171.7" diameter circle.
Do I start with the wall first, then the round paved circle?
Thinking out typing:
So I need to lay out the circle to find the center of the radius and use the center to lay out the wall.
Or should I lay out the patio, start at the center, build the patio and then build the wall. If I do that, how do I start in the center without messing up the sand I screaded out?

Any help out there, much appreciated,

Dave

Bluehawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Round paver patio w/ kneewall

You used a compactor to form your sand base right? Hint, hint.

You do want to work from the center of the circle out or you may have all kinds of weird paver cuts to make right at the focal point of the patio. You can lay out where your wall is going to go though as you will fill in up to it? Use those downward cans of spray paint or chalk like for athletic fields. No reason to have it in your way while doing the patio, IMO.

As for messing up your sand base? Make yourself some kneeling platforms out of plywood to use until you get enough pavers down. Then use them on top of the pavers. You shouldn't mess up the sand much if you compacted it.

Make sure you have a nice long level.

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote