Retaining Wall & Drain Tile Help - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Retaining Wall & Drain Tile Help

First of all things, thank you for any replies to my inquiry for help.

I am building a raised patio, actually more of an elaborate landing for stairs coming off of a deck.

The raised patio is located approximately 4 feet away from my house which has gutters. The raised patio is 3 courses high or 18" tall. The wall block is Kestone Country Manor. It covers approximately 100 sq feet of space. I have one course buried below ground level and have backfilled with 3/4" clean rock.

When backfilling I did not use a drain tile and am now somewhat paranoid about not doing so. Are my fears overkill or should I be concerned about my lack of using drain tile behind the wall?

Thank you so much for your help.

Advertisement

minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote