DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Landscaping & Lawn Care (
-   -   replace split rail fencing (

gbione 04-17-2011 07:12 PM

replace split rail fencing
My neighbor diverted his backyard drainage down the property line where my locust posts are seated. The water is excessive about 3-4 inches high in places and the current posts are rotting. Although I am sure this is not appropriate in the zoining code, I am unsure if he will divert the water away from the property line so I am contemplating replacing the locust post with concrete posts (if there are such). Any suggestions as to whether this is a viable option.

mem 04-19-2011 01:38 PM

If they changed their drainage to dump onto your property, a quick call to the zoning inspector should force him to fix it. Naturally, a personal request from you to your neighbor for remedy would be the first course of action. Additionally, if your neighbor's shortsightedness cause damage to your property, he should be liable for those repairs as well. Offer your neighbor a courteous request to make things right and go from there.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1