I recently moved into a home where the existing irrigation system was damaged when they repaired the septic system. I had water that was flowing out of the top of the ground and none of the sprinklers was working in this particular zone. I dug up and found the pipe had been cut completely off. I then tried to locate the pipe it was connected to. Appoximately 10 feet away I found another pipe however it was smaller in diameter. Is this common, or does it have something to do with the water pressure.
we typically run 1" or 3/4" feeds from the zone valve and then reduce to 1/2" for the sprinkler heads. Or you may found a spot where the main line branches to several sprinkler heads with a tee fitting and you only found one so far. Connect the two ends you found and see what works and what does not work.