Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Noob w/ more experience

Share |

Recycled Concrete Patio

I have some leftover stones, concrete 16x16 pavers, and some other landscape like materials. I was trying to make a very inexpensive patio out of it. What would be a good way to do that? To give some more background info, I don't want to have all the pavers and stones very close together, I would like it spread out. In between the pavers and stones I would like maybe just gravel, sand, or to make it more permanent a mortar or concrete type deal. I have made a paver patio before and understand how to do that. But I don't think that having only sand between the pavers and stones will work here because of the space between the materials. Is there a material that would work to keep the materials in place that is fairly inexpensive, almost maintenance free, and that I can use as a do-it yourselfer?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Greg

golfer2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:36 AM   #2

Recycled Concrete Patio

1st choice: pea gravel/small riverstone between the paving stones. Mortar is not a good idea unless your base is concrete.

You could also try polymeric sand (sand/glue mix) such as Sandlock, available from paver supply houses. A product called Gator Dust uses fine stone grit and glue which works better for large joints.

GardenConcepts is offline   Reply With Quote