Recommend A Chipper? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-20-2007, 01:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Recommend a chipper?

I'm looking at buying a wood chipper that's take up to 2 to 2.5 inch branches... anything to look for, recommend? I would like gas as I have a electric one now and it jams all the time!

Advertisement

slakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:04 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Recommend a chipper?

Depending on use I would say a DR Wood Chipper is the best for your money... mind you they are wood chippers only and not meant for brush or leaves... they can handle up to 5 or 6 inch stock and make a nice mulch for bedding ... I have one and love it and they have several models depending on your wallet size.

I went through 3 of the "3-way chipper/shredders" from sears and MTD... they are all the same base unit with a different engine and chute on them...

I had the best luck with the 10 HP MTD model but I had to reinforce the shredder discharge screen to stop it from clogging all the time...

If you have a need for brush chipping and leaf shredding with a little of the two and a half inch chipping then maybe a combo model is for you...

final recommendation whichever model you choose... buy as much horsepower as you can afford... the HPs will save you tons of downtime from clearing clogs

P.S. I find chipping wood is a great stress reducer... HA HA HA

Advertisement

panhandlion is offline   Reply With Quote