Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Raspberry patch....

I am looking for ideas to start a raspberry patch. I have a raspberry bush that i need to transplant within the next week or too and I was wondering if someone could give me some pointers and ideas for my raspberry patch?

-J

Jshakour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Floating in the Gulf

Rewards Points: 25

Raspberry patch....

My mom did this when I was a kid... Remember, raspberris are one of those things that can spread by shoots from where the canes droop over and touch the ground. Now, if you want you bush to get big, this is great, but it can get pretty invasive. What she did to keep it from spreading out of control was put down deep lawn edging (sort of like some people use to control bamboo) and cut it back pretty vigorously a couple of times a year. Other than that, I'm not sure there is much to say. Raspberries usually transplant very easily, you can root a new bush from a cutting of one of the canes, and they are almost impossible to kill once established.

krankykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Raspberry patch....

Be careful...they can run amok if you're not careful. You'll want it in a spot where it can really spread and it won't be a problem.

You'll also want some direct sunlight or you'll end up with bitter berries.

They're pretty easy to transplant as long as you keep it good and watered for the first, say, week or so. Keep the soil nice and moist.
Ghalt is offline   Reply With Quote