Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #1

Share |

rained on unfinished paver job.

hi , i installed 900 sq ft. of pavers for patio, 6'' base and 1'' of sand ,
complete with concrete edge restraint all around, but didn't complete top layer of sand and compaction. got a little bit of rain and scrambled to cover but not enough tarp or plastic. my question is how long should i let dry out before sanding and compaction? am i ok?

thanks, danny
joaknuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Ayuh,... It shouldn't hurt it any,...
The extra water helps with compaction...
Bondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #3

i pulled my tarps and plastic i put down and i saw that some of the pavers had settled on about 1/4'' half of my job, my concern is will it all level out when i vibraplate it down or do i have to peel up the whole section and re-sand and lay again?? professional opinion needed thanks...
joaknuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #4

If the pavers don't level out by themselves, chance are you did not compact the sand bed enough.

While compacting the sand bed, did you soak it a few times between Vibraplate sessions?

Usually soaking it reduces the amount of mechanical compacting needed before you lay any of the pavers.

Rain is only a problem when it is heavy enough that the sand gets moved considerably (there is erosion).

Tags
pavers