Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #1

Share |
Smile

Pump / Water Storage Pond??

Hello,

I am moving into a bank owned property (which means the bank has no idea about anything on the property, so I can't ask them) and there appears to be a water storage pond at the edge of the property. There is also what looks like a little pump house/shelter (with an electrical outlet but no pump currently) and some small PVC pipes that terminate near the pump house - see pic below. There are also several outdoor water fixtures near garden beds around the property that don't currently work (no water comes out, even though city water is on to the house).

I'm guessing there used to be some kind of system that pumped water from the pond to the outdoor fixtures? I have no experience with this type of system (if that's even what it is) - is there a particular type of pump I need? Is there a type pump that would automatically turn on when one of the fixtures is open?

Thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by jdrunbike; 04-14-2011 at 10:27 AM.
jdrunbike is offline   Reply With Quote