Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #1

Share |

Pro-c Hunter Irrigation Controller

hello, i have the above 9 stations in use. i have tried in vain to water every three and every four days. all is fine until the days catch up to each other. when this happens all zones water on that day.

they then revert to the given schedule until they catch up with each other again
0123 3day 01234 4 day. if you run the sequence out they will eventually wind up a 012- 3 012 -34 when this occurs all zones will water on that day. am i missing something. i believe i have exhausted the days left to water combinations to try to resolve.
regards and be well,
fish96

FISH96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH96 View Post
hello, i have the above 9 stations in use. i have tried in vain to water every three and every four days. all is fine until the days catch up to each other. when this happens all zones water on that day.

they then revert to the given schedule until they catch up with each other again
0123 3day 01234 4 day. if you run the sequence out they will eventually wind up a 012- 3 012 -34 when this occurs all zones will water on that day. am i missing something. i believe i have exhausted the days left to water combinations to try to resolve.
regards and be well,
fish96
I need more info. I don't quite understand. Which stations are you trying to water every 3 days and which are you trying to water every 4th day?

So in a new month you would like to water the 3rd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 12th, 15th, 16th???

and so your concern is the 12th? what waters on the 12th that doesn't the other days?

forcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #3

i'll try to clear up thanks
1-2-5-6 stations every 3 days
3,4,7,8,9 stations every 4 days

mon tues wed thurs fri sat sun
0 2 1 0 2 1 0 3day sequence 0 is water day
1 0 3 2 1 0 3 4day sequence 0 is water day
if you run this sequence out on paper as the controller does as it goes about its business
the sequuences will eventually over lap where both 3 day and 4 day program will reach 0 on the same day(not date) at this time all stations will water. per instruction manual( it is on line). as i stated before i believe i have tried all combos to try and keep the schedules staggered, with all attempts the sequences eventually both reach 0 water day together.
regards fish96
Old 10-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #4

Oh I see.

So I assume the problem isn't that they are all running on that day (because that's how often you want them to run) but your watering window probably isn't big enough to run all 9 zones on that overlap day?

What time in the day do those programs start?
Old 10-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #5

A and B program start at 1:15 am no problem with time. i do not want to run the well pump for the entire duration of both programs.

besides i do not think i am setting the controller properly. if this is the way it is suppose to operate then i have wasted money.

thanks for trying to assist it is appreciated.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH96 View Post
A and B program start at 1:15 am no problem with time. i do not want to run the well pump for the entire duration of both programs.

besides i do not think i am setting the controller properly. if this is the way it is suppose to operate then i have wasted money.

thanks for trying to assist it is appreciated.
If you turn the dial to "pump" there is an option to turn off the pump for specific zones
Old 10-10-2009, 07:45 AM   #7

thank you for your efforts.

as well as i am able to determine the feature of which you speak does not discriminate between programs. am i correct on that?

if i disable the 'pump on' for station 4 then station 4 will never water regardless of program. there must be some way to prevent the 3day/ 4 day programs from overlapping as the system goes through its paces.
if there is not then this 'gadget' is flawed in design or i am just a dope that who is not smarter than the 'gadget'.

i am going to keep trying to figure this out.
regards, fish96