Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #1

Share |

Pour concrete over rock?

My two garbage cans spend their days on a 3' x 8' bed of gravel that I would like to cover with concrete. The gravel is 1/2" broken gray stone. If I could pour about a 1/2" of concrete over that, it would be flush with the driveway and make my day. Can do? House is in Houston.

puttster
puttster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #2

Pour concrete over rock?

A half inch of concrete will break up in a heartbeat!
cgoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Pour concrete over rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoll View Post
A half inch of concrete will break up in a heartbeat!
You may not even get a full heartbeat! Even an epoxy pour that thing will not hold up to trash cans and weather forces.

Rather than forming and pouring you might think of a platform made of 12x12 pavers or something like treated lumber but they had better be thicker than 1/2" and your base will need to be prepared and leveled.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #4

Pour concrete over rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsester View Post
You may not even get a full heartbeat! Even an epoxy pour that thing will not hold up to trash cans and weather forces.

Rather than forming and pouring you might think of a platform made of 12x12 pavers or something like treated lumber but they had better be thicker than 1/2" and your base will need to be prepared and leveled.
Hey, good idea, I do have a source for about 30 feet of free pavers. Will look better than concrete, too. Gracias boys!
puttster is offline   Reply With Quote