PLEASE HELP ! Blight From Flowers On Deck? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

PLEASE HELP ! blight from flowers on deck?

This spring my flowers have not done well at all... looks like late blight!,A dusty covering on the leaves.... looks like little spores at times the stmes and leave astart dying off...... The problem is it looks like it has spread to my NEW DECK !!!! OMG!!! We have had a lot of rain this spring, But I got my new deck sealed withThompson's advanced water seal a week or so before it all started...the deck was built in December... then sealed in February...it now the surface vaires to and from black powdrery gray,dry,moldy,spores, at times! I am so upset! I think Thompson's should have protected better, but I need to know what to do to it now!!!

Advertisement

bossfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:32 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

You really don't need 2 threads about the same thing
Other thread :

http://www.diychatroom.com/f49/new-m...flowers-48613/

Advertisement

Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
TooledUp

Rewards Points: 25

You might want to check around to some garden centers. We have one around that has a microscope that they can look at a sample of your flowers with. You might want to try Seven Dust--that stuff seems to kill everything. Do you get ample sunlight?? Also--the next time you seal your deck you might want to check with your local paint store for a better sealer. I have never used Thompson's because I have heard it does not last. Oh yeah, you may have sealed your deck to soon. You may have had water still in the wood.
TooledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

From the other thread:
Which did you use?

http://www.thompsonswaterseal.com/di..._step_deck.cfm

Quote:

Quote:
New decks should be treated without delay. It does not take long for exposed wood to be damaged. New pressure-treated lumber should be treated immediately with Thompson'sŪ WaterSealŪ Advanced Waterproofers, or 30 days after installation with other Thompson'sŪ WaterSealŪ Waterproofers.
New decks should be treated without delay. It does not take long for exposed wood to be damaged. New pressure-treated lumber should be treated immediately with Thompson'sŪ WaterSealŪ Advanced Waterproofers, or 30 days after installation with other Thompson'sŪ WaterSealŪ Waterproofers.
I bought pre-treated decking & 2 years later have yet to re-treat
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blight , deck mold