Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #1

Share |

Pebble Overlay (over existing concrete patio)

On a recent Yard Crashers show, the host (Ahmed), showed a pebble mixture that gets combined with some sort of epoxy and gets troweled over existing concrete. Looks Great? Any idea where I can get this product?

Thanks.

febbaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by febbaj View Post
On a recent Yard Crashers show, the host (Ahmed), showed a pebble mixture that gets combined with some sort of epoxy and gets troweled over existing concrete. Looks Great? Any idea where I can get this product?

Thanks.
You should try http://www.diynetwork.com/ - the shows keep hawking this site but Ive not found any of the "more detail" they urge you find at the site. The two times I've looked there wasn't even as much info as the show provided.

Quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Is this more fine than you wanted? It is a good system but a bit pricey.

http://www.abatron.com/cms/buildinga...colorgrit.html
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #4

Thanks for the response. Yeah, the product featured on the show was a bit coarser. The mixture consisted of pea size pebbles mixed with a clear epoxy. It was applied with a trowel and the finish looked terrific.
febbaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #5

I was wondering the same thing - husband pointed me in the right direction, "PebbleCrete". You can also look at your local HD or other home repair stores, usually in the concrete mix aisle.
PrettyByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #6

Here you go - it's Pebble Stone and they're located in Las Vegas. Looks like a great product. 100 sf minimum is $1399.

http://www.pebblestonecoatings.com/
Lewiscj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewiscj View Post
Here you go - it's Pebble Stone and they're located in Las Vegas. Looks like a great product. 100 sf minimum is $1399.

http://www.pebblestonecoatings.com/

I'm sorry to inform you, however that quote is for an entirely different product. At that price it would be $13.99 per square foot. The stone at this company is only $6.99 per square foot. Also keep in mind that most states require that you MUST be an experienced installer of this product; due to the possible exposure to these potentially harmful chemicals. Epoxy is a very sensitive product to work with. Once combining A & B you have a very limited pot life for this product. I would not recomend ANYONE to attempt to install it themselves. You're better off hiring an experienced installer. If you are looking for an installer go to www.google.com, type in your city and state, along with EPOXY ROCK; and it SHOULD give you the closest installer.
ArcyPSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #8

I had the epoxy pebble installed on some of my concrete walls and sidewalks when I put in a pool 2 years ago. GREAT product and zero problems with it. Install cost was right at $4.00 a sf. Others in my area have used this product and also good results.
I am in the process of rebuilding my exterior decks and can't decide between porcelian tile or epoxy stone.
Summers@TheLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #9

After seeing the same show I was also curious. I went to HD, LOWES and asked about it. After chasing around the only epoxy they carry comes in smaller containers (pint). I did some research and found this company.
http://www.jgreer.com/rock-pebble-deck.htm The process is the same as a local company here near Omaha called Lusterstone. From what I saw on Lusterstones website the process is exactly the same, and I have a relitive that has it on her driveway and it has held up really well in Nebraska winters.

There is a significant savings in doing it yourself VS Lusterstone if you want to take the time to do it.

Scott/Omaha
sashaeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #10

here is a link for yet another dealer that covers southern CA, AZ and Nevada
https://www.pebblestoneflooringsystems.com

I searched forever on HGTV and DIY sites to no avail so I googled pebble stone overlay on patios and found this site
Buster13h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #11

thats awesome!
Grofica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by febbaj View Post

Thanks.
Have 34 years exp in expoxy stone installation as well as cleaning and REEXPOXY coating exsisting Decks.

If I can be of help Please call: Ron (936) 232-5008

Thank you,
donnhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #13

Here you go: http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/lay...tio/index.html
KelBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #14

I was also interested in the pebble overlay, does anyone know how it stands up to cold weather? (snow, Ice)..
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #15
Tileguy

Quote:
I was also interested in the pebble overlay, does anyone know how it stands up to cold weather? (snow, Ice)..
There is more than one brand of that type of epoxy/stone product. In the southern climates of the country it works okay. In the northern climates it fails miserably. I was trained and certified in the installation of one of the better-known products at the time and they are now out of business.

Freeze/thaw is not very friendly to the product and none of them tell you that the product must be revitalized and re-coated annually with an expensive sun screen to block against sun damage. They also don't tell you that the product will turn yellow (called ambering) over a short period of time.

If you live in the south and have deep pockets then try it. I would advise against it.

Bud Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bud Cline For This Useful Post:
CherylB (06-18-2011)