Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #1

Share |

Pavestone laying in Patio

Hello all,
I'm working on a small patio project and i need some advice on how to complete it. Basically, i have an 9ft by 15ft space in my patio that's currently occupied by dirt and some sprinklers. I'd like to add 1ft pave stones to this space to make it a usable space. I'm renting the the house so I cant do anything too major. Below are some questions\concerns that I have:

1. Do I need sand or gravel on top of the dirt or should i just lay the stones on the dirt.
2. Is it possible to cut the paves stones if there is not enough room for a stone or should i fill in the gaps with sand.
3. Should i use spacers in between the pave stones and fill the spaces with sand?
4. There are about 3 sprinklers which I'm not sure how to cap off.

See attached pics
Attached Images

ruffinmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #2

Pavestone laying in Patio

Polymer sand its solution between the pavers.

jardinier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
landscape design, patio, pave stone