Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Patio building questions

Hi All,

So I have this section walkway that I tore up and decided I want a stone patio there. I need some design advice because I dont have any experience with retaining walls.

So first off heres the overview of the work area. The area in the red is what i am tearing out.(I am keeping my dog ). Getting rid of all those 6x6 pt boards.

Patio building questions-img_1255.jpg

I want to level out this bottom section

Patio building questions-img_1254.jpg

So heres the first question is once the bottom section is leveled, can the retaining wall be build on top of it? The wall height will be about 2' - 3'.

Here is where the wall will go to support the patio on top.

Patio building questions-img_1246.jpg

Its a square area approx 10' x 10'.

Second question: how do I work the wall around this fence, my idea is just build the wall like an L shape.

Patio building questions-img_1238.jpg
Patio building questions-img_1245.jpg

Once the wall is in place how much depth of gravel should i put in for this situation.

The patio will stop at the wood steps above, where the hammer is.

Any advice & ideas is welcome.

mrsql is offline   Reply With Quote