Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Old homeowner left this fertilizer....Should I use it?

The following two products were left in the shed at the house I bought. The lawn looked really nice when I moved in, but now it has weeds growing in certain areas. (See by other thread)

My questions are.....Should I use these products? When should I use them? Are they still good if they are 1+ year old?
Attached Thumbnails
Old homeowner left this fertilizer....Should I use it?-pro-green.jpg   Old homeowner left this fertilizer....Should I use it?-pro-gro.jpg  

ConstantChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:02 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

yes, those will work fine, fertilizer doesn't really go bad, unless it gets wet. then it is just clumpy and hard to disperse. The NPK ratio seems like a solid season opening blend, but make sure you don't do it when its 75 and hot. if you see a nice little rain on the weather channel, go ahead and spread it out there. it will definitly green up your turf. as for weeds, KILL 'em all. go get a selective herbicide and go at it.
-smallz

smallcrpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:46 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

I've never had a problem useing old, old very old fertilizer. if you have wells , be sure to use sparingly.
Basic_Homeowner is offline   Reply With Quote