New Sod Growing Unevenly - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

New sod growing unevenly

I just got both my front and back yards sodded. The back yard sod is growing much faster than the front. I assume they prepared the soil the same since the same company did both lawns. A few facts. The back yard was laid first and the front lawn was not laid until late the same day. Also the back yard get more shade than the front. It's been about 3 weeks and the back is probably 4 to 5 inches tall and the front is 3 to 4 inches tall. Should I be worried and is there anything I can do to the front.

Advertisement

mrwoodty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,524

New sod growing unevenly

Depends on how much sun they get, and how much moisture the ground is holding for the sod to keep growing. Just be glad that it is growing, and that we are getting rain like no tomorrow this year. Last year, everything went dormant and lawns turned brown halfway through the Summer, due to the heat and no rain.

Just mow every week, or every other week, weed & feed about every 6 to 8 weeks, water just enough to give it a good drink, but not so much that you are throwing money out the window by over watering. The company that laid the sod is going to be the best place for information as to how they recommend keeping it looking good.

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote