Netting For Lawn - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

netting for lawn

Hi all.

I'm about to re-do my lawn. Rototill the whole thing and plant new seed in fresh dirt. One concern I have with that is erosion. If we get a big rainfall, I expect that heavy rain could wash my new top soil away in a section of the lawn with a decent pitch. I've been told two fixes are:

1.) plant rye grass - which due to is quick germination can give me a quick route to stabilized soil.

2.) put a mesh/net over the sections that have inclines.

What do you guys think? How does the mesh thing work? How do I attach it. Would straw go over it, or under it?

Any help appreciated!

Advertisement

bamaranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
DIY Hack

Rewards Points: 500

netting for lawn

you can get netting with the straw woven in it. you just use the u-shaped wire "pegs" to fasten it down

Advertisement

Old 09-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 322

netting for lawn

There's also the netting with wood fibers woven through it and that is what I used as that was what the farm service I went to carried.

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/pr...ge.asp?mi=6740

I would use a 25% rye mix either way on any incline initially ( Scotts/walmart) then reseed next season.

Make sure to stretch the erriosion blanket tight when you staple it in place or your mower will catch it .

There is 6" & 4" staples , the 6" hold better

I had 220 yards of dirt brought in with about half on inclines .

The blankets worked fantastic and I only lost a couple of yards with torrential rains.

I also put in a 45 degree incline 8' x 80' leading to a "sunken patio" that is planted in seedum & ect. , the blanket works great even under this extreme angle.
High Gear is online now   Reply With Quote