Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-29-2014, 01:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Need to refresh my lawn..

Hi all, I had a strong lawn last year grew like crazy and was green but it seemed thin... whats the best way to fill in my lawn and help it grow thicker.. I am in the heat zone 6b and lawn only gets maybe 2 hrs sun..

my backyard I did some drainage work and rototilled it with a 40inch on back of tractor last year planted grass it was filled it in no time at all but its rough. I rolled it before seeding but I think it just over the winter settled and such.. do I have to rototill it again and start over or can I get a 3ton roller and just pound the hell out of it?? it gets until 2-3:00 sun..

thanks
shawn

Shawnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnzy View Post
Hi all, I had a strong lawn last year grew like crazy and was green but it seemed thin... whats the best way to fill in my lawn and help it grow thicker.. I am in the heat zone 6b and lawn only gets maybe 2 hrs sun..

my backyard I did some drainage work and rototilled it with a 40inch on back of tractor last year planted grass it was filled it in no time at all but its rough. I rolled it before seeding but I think it just over the winter settled and such.. do I have to rototill it again and start over or can I get a 3ton roller and just pound the hell out of it?? it gets until 2-3:00 sun..

thanks
shawn
Ayuh,... Poundin' it with a roller will compact the roots, Killin' most all of it,....

It's Waayyy to early in yer area to be whinin' 'bout yer lawn,...

Spread some more seed, 'n let it go til May,...

Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:25 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

rototill it up and start over. Make sure the soil is good before you re-seed.